Thursday, December 13, 2007

Silver and Gold

Here are some pics of my upstairs living room decorated for Christmas. Above is my 4ft. feather tree that is decorated in silver, gold and touches of pale blue. Pretty much all of the ornies are vintage. The tree is in the corner and right next to it is the armoire. The pic below shows the top of the armoire with another little feather tree, and old cookie tin, a vintage wooden sleigh and 3 vintage flocked reindeer.
This is kitty corner from the tree next to the kitchen entrance. The silver glitter "peace" galand I got at Target last year. There are ropes of vintage silver and gold foil garland in the apothecary jar, and an old wooden church coated in mica flakes. There is also a papermache church under the glass cloche.
In this close up you can see small paper mache house and a silver paper sleigh and deer. I painted pinecone tips with off white paint and glittered with mica. It's all sitting on a blanket of vintage glittered cotton batting. Hope you enjoy these displays, bye for now!

No comments:

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...