Sunday, May 18, 2008

Declaring our independence!

Well, this was supposed to be a warm lovely weekend, but not so much. Barely made it to 70 on Sat. and was WINDY! But we had fun anyway, as we were inside at the History Center in downtown St. Paul. Had never been there, but we heard they had one of the original cppies of the Declaration of Independence. It was really cool to see it. Here is the discription from the museum:
The Declaration of Independence, considered the nation’s “birth certificate,” laid the foundation for personal freedoms and individual rights in the United States and around the world. This copy, known as a “Dunlap Broadside,” is one of only 25 remaining original copies of the Declaration printed on the evening of July 4, 1776, at the shop of Philadelphia printer John Dunlap – and the only one that travels for exhibition. Another copy was sent to Gen. George Washington, who read it aloud to his troops. Still another copy was sent to King George III.
The document is valued at more than $8 million.
Above is a pic of me and Sabrina and below is Daddy and Sabrina. Between the wind blowing and the sun in our eyes, not the best pix. Oh well, a great time was had by all. They had lots of other great exhibits including one on the weather with a mockup of a basement that you go into. Then a presentation starts and you feel like you are going through the whole storm and tornado, including the shaking and rumbling! Great special effects!
This is a pic of Sabrina after I did her hair one morning for school. When I saw how great she looked I had to get a pic, and I'm glad I did because it's one of the best pix I've ever taken of her. Awwww, I love that sweet smile! Bye for now!


1 comment:

Cheryl Ensom said...

Awwww...what a doll! I haven't been here in FAR too long. Love the new cupcakes and tooth fairy boxes!

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...