Friday, May 22, 2015

Chalk Painting the China Cabinet


I've been think about painting this old china cabinet
ever since I brought it home, but I didn't want to sand it 
and use a primer. But now that I know about chalk paint,
I decided to see if it would work as well as it did on my coffee table.
No sanding and no priming,
and it turned out great.

.

I did it in turquoise and white. 
 

It is so much more bright and fresh looking,
I love it! And it was such fun seeing how all my 
collections look inside it. 


That's my mom's old cookie jar on top.
And her tea set inside.

I can't wait to paint something else with this chalk paint!
Today was my hubby's birthday,
so we will be going out to celebrate this weekend,
can't wait! 
Bye for now!

4 comments:

Vix said...

Happy Birthday to your husband.
Love the colours of your cabinet. Did you make your own chalk paint? xxx

Curtise said...

The cabinet looks really good, you did a great job. And such pretty things inside too!
Enjoy your husband's birthday celebrations! xxx

Unknown said...

Thank you both! I bought the paint already mixed from the craft store and I really love it! :)

Peaches McGinty said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your husband! the chalk paint is brilliant isn't it? I haven't heard of it but it's amazing, you did a great job on the cabinet, I love the colours! x x x

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...