Thursday, April 27, 2017

Time to Say Goodbye


Today I have to announce some changes for me on the internet, that are somewhat sad, but also feel like a relief for me. First I'm saying goodbye to my Etsy shop. I've been with Etsy since 2010, and have had some moderate success off and on over the years. But, lately it's been more off than on, and now they have made some new changes that are forcing me to make this decision. Etsy has decided to make sellers use their checkout or their shop will be closed. I've always just used PayPal. I wouldn't mind doing this except that would mean I would have to connect a bank account to my shop, and I don't want to do that. So, now it seems my hand has been forced. So I've decided to close my shop by the end of the month. I will continue to sell on Society6, so please check it out if you are interested!



The second change is that I will be ending my blog. I know this may seem surprising, but again, my hand is being forced on this too. Ever since Google took over Blogger I've had nothing but problems, one being that they keep having issues with my payment form for storage. The most recent issue could probably be cleared up if I really wanted to deal with it, but to be honest, I don't want to. My heart just isn't in the blog anymore, as you may have already noticed. I only post twice a week at most, and more often it's only once. I feel like my time could be better spent on other social media, my painting, and my home life.
But I will still be on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. In fact, I will be using Facebook as a sort of blog replacement. I've never been one to write lengthy posts (except today), so this will work  better for me anyway. Of course, I will still follow all of your blogs, as I wouldn't want to miss out on any of your great blogs!

So, this will be my last post for the blog. And I just want to thank everyone who has visited over the years. Bye! xoxoxo




12 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear this, Laurie! I have heard this same thing from several Etsy shop owners this week. It's very upsetting. I will miss your blog posts, but I will look forward to your posts on social media. You have to do what's best for you and that's all that matters! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Lindsey! It wasn't any easy decision for either Etsy or my blog. But knowing that I'll still be able to keep in touch with all my internet friends is making it easier! :)

Vix said...

That's a shame. I'm glad we can stay connected through Facebook. x

Unknown said...

Thanks Vix, I can't see me leaving Facebook any time soon. :)

Jill James said...

Sorry to hear this Laurie but glad to hear you are continuing on Instagram and Facebook. All the best, Laurie.

Diane Mars said...

Laurie, I totally understand I have sort of lost my interest in keeping things going on Easy and Blogger... I had no idea that Easy is having a change like that , and honestly its harder and harder to find anything Handmade like it was first intended for. I too will follow you on other outlets.. spread those wings and fly! ox

Unknown said...

Thanks Jill and Diane! It was a hard decision at the time but so far I don't really regret it. Etsy has definitely changed for the worse. I hope to se you both on Instagram and Facebook! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit late to this, but I'm so sorry you had to close your blog and your Etsy account. That's such a shame, but you're right, if your heart isn't in it, it's understandable.

Raindrops of Sapphire

Unknown said...

Thanks Lorna! If you're on Facebook or Instagram come and check me out as I'll still be on those platforms for the foreseeable future. :)

Olga Rani said...

Oh, that's sad to hear. I myself have been out of blogosphere recently and kind of neglected my blog. But I am not ready to finish with it completely.

Unknown said...

Thanks Olga! I will still visit your blog and everyone else's for sure! :)

aryanoone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...