Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ebay fairies and the end of summer




Oh so glad that fall is coming, although you'd never know it when you look at the temp. outside, 90 degrees today and tomorrow! And the last week was a real winner. First I got food poisening, and then when I started to feel back to normal, my allergies started to kick in. But the worst part was that my Mom fell and went to the hospital. She is 86 and still lives alone, but had been planning on moving in with my sister for part of the year. But she was in her house and got up in the middle of the night, when she fell. She fractured her pelvis in two places, and unfortunately it was a long time before she was found. It's frustrating for me to live to far away and hear that! The good news is that with therapy and rest she will get better, but it just proves that she can't live alone anymore. I'll be so happy when she finally moves into my sis's place.
Helps to concentrate on my Halloween fairies, and I got these two done to list on Ebay. Decided to try something a little more glitzy and glittery. I love rhinestones and pearls, and crowns too. And I added a glass bubble to one, really liked the affect. Well, hopefully this week will be better, and it will feel like fall soon! bye for now!

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

Oh! So sorry to hear about your mom! That is so scary! My grandmother is 89 and now my dad lives with her...they will most likely kill eachother over time!

I love my fairy! But I am still lusting after that witch bobble! Did you make that on the other one?
-gypsy

http://gypsyfroggie.blogs.com

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...