Sunday, March 01, 2009

"The Birds"

A week or two ago, it was actually a bit spring like (not today as we just got 4" of snow on Thurs.), and I think the ground must have been warming up. Anyway, I was sitting in my studio, when suddenly a black cloud flew over. I looked out of my window, which is level with the ground, and this is what I saw in my back yard. Dozens of black birds pecking at the ground!
Were they finding worms? I still don't know and I'm not even sure what type of birds they were.
After a few minutes on the ground, they all swarmed up and landed on the tree and the playset.
I'd never seen anything like it, and it reminded me of the Alfred Hitchcock movie, "The Birds". Not as creepy as the movie, but still a bit eerie.
They were also lined up on top of the neighbor's roof.
It was really fascinating, and gave me something to look at besides snow and brown and gray! Bye for now!




No comments:

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...