The other day I was trying to think of a new use
for my collection of apothecary jars.
I knew that I could fit spools of ribbon in some of them,
but it was a pain taking them out when I needed them.
So I thought of the straw holders you can buy,
that you pull the lid up and all the straws come up too.
I decided to see if I could replicate that idea.
Here's what I did.
I cut out foam core circles the same size
as the ribbon spools.
Then I cut an x in the middle of the circle
with an exacto knife,
added some glue
and inserted a dowel.
I had to cut down one dowel so it would fit
once it was inside the jar.
After the glue was dry I thread my ribbon spools
onto the dowel, being careful not to overload it.
Then I dropped it into the apothecary jar.
Now when I need a spool,
I can just pull the ribbon holder out of the jar
and take of the spool I want.
I think they look pretty all stacked up!
Bye for now!