Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Shower Curtain Bunting


I found a wonderful vintage shower curtain
a couple of years ago that wasn't usable in the shower
because of damage.
I never had been able to figure out what to do with it,
till I realized I could make it into a bunting.
The plastic material cut very easily.
  
Then I punched holes and sewed 
around the edges with blanket stitch.


Then finally a shell edging.

I just single crocheted across the tops to connect them all
and tada!
I didn't even bother to work in the yarn tails, 
couldn't wait to put it up!

What do you think?

Bye for now!

6 comments:

Curtise said...

I love it! The pattern on the shower curtain is too wonderful not to be seen, and bunting is the perfect solution - genius! xxx

vivian said...

great old shower curtain! wonderful banner! the crocheting was a perfect touch!
happy tuesday
xoxo
vivian

Unknown said...

Thank you both! the best part is I could even use this outside, it would be pretty durable! :)

Vix said...

That is an absolutely brilliant idea - great for camping! x

Unknown said...

Oh, I agree Vix! It would be perfect with a camper! :)

Peaches McGinty said...

What a brilliant idea! it looks absolutely fab, perfect for inside and outside, the crochet edging is beautiful too x x x

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...