Thursday, July 28, 2016

Summer Vacation Part 7





When it finally came time to leave Yellowstone, the trip out of the park was especially beautiful. There was a combination of fog and steam making the park look even more otherworldly than normal!




We exited the park through the east entrance that led into the Shoshone National Forest. This happens to be the first national forest in the United States, created by President Benjamin Harrison in 1891.




We were on our way to Cody to spend the night, and passed by ranch country and the Buffalo Bill Reservoir.





I didn't get any pictures of Cody I'm afraid, but we had a great time there. Cody was founded by Colonel William F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody. Buffalo Bill, was an American scout, bison hunter, and showman. We spent most of the day at the Buffalo Bill Cody Museum, where we learned about the history of the man himself, the Native Americans of the region, the natural history, western art and a huge firearms collection. I think my hubby could have spent all week there, and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.

 Then next day we headed back through the Bighorn Mountains, dropped my sister back in Spearfish and headed back to Custer to spend another night with the in-laws. The next two days were spent heading back to Minnesota. It was such an amazing trip, getting to see Yellowstone and the Tetons again after all these years. And to see it with my family made it even more fun this time around. I hope you enjoyed my photos and if you want to see the rest of my trip here are the links: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6.  Bye for now!







5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh wow! I've always wanted to visit Yellowstone, but your photos have convinced me that it is an absolute must-see! They are incredible...especially with the fog - wow! Thank you for sharing, and I'm so glad you had a wonderful time on your trip! :)

~Lindsey
http://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

Vix said...

What a difference that fog made once it had cleared!
Yellowstone should employ you as a travel guide. xxx

Unknown said...

Thanks Lindsey! I hope you get to go to Yellowstone, I know you'll love it! :)

Unknown said...

Aww thanks, Vix! I just wanted to show how much fun I had! :)

Witchcrafted Life said...

Ooohh, those first mist shrouded images are so immensely pretty. They look as though they could be the opening (or closing) dramatic shots for a movie.

Big hugs & happy weekend wishes,
♥ Jessica

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...