Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring Cleaning!

I love spring! And this spring I've been anxious to get rid of the old and
bring in the new. In this post and the next one, I will tell you about
old things I'm getting rid of and new things that I'm excited about.
This week, I will be showing you my messy family room.
It's messy because I'm getting ready for my first garage sale ever!
This is all the stuff I'm getting rid of.
I want to clear out and make room for things that reflect my new interests,
and to make room for some things that my hubby collected from his parents
house.
Like these cute little vases he made when he was little.


And, records he listened to. I hope to get a record player
from my mom later this summer.



Next, is a beautiful stained glass lamp his grandpa made.




And check out this sweet Snoopy dog he loved as a child!
He is a little worse for the wear, but still so cute!



In my next post, I will talk about the old and new in my artistic life!
bye for now!


1 comment:

GardenOfDaisies said...

LOok at you go girl!! It always feels so good to sort through everything and get rid of things that don't matter.
We try to do this once a year to every room in the house. As we go along, I put things for the garage sale in a big box in the basement and then when the time comes I have a nice assortment to put in the sale.
This weekend I put several of my daughters old prom/homecoming dresses in the big high school band garage sale. She didn't want or need those dresses anymore.

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...