Monday, September 14, 2015

Zoology 201




Today I have more pictures for you from our trip to the zoo. Above you see a monk seal swimming in its tank. Monk seals are fairly new to the zoo.


I got a great shot of this ray resting on the bottom of the aquarium.


I loved watching a beaver as he gnawed on a branch. He's that little dark form at the base of the dam.


We also saw some beautiful coyotes,


and wolves (wolves are my daughter's favorite.


This mountain lion was looking quite regal, while another was on the prowl.


But my favorite were the lynx, those beautiful ears!


And lastly some curios black bears. We really had such a great time.



Bye for now!









1 comment:

Vix said...

More fabulous photos. Those wolves are adorable and who doesn't love a lynx? xxx

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...