Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Roadtrip!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! The hubby and I just got back from a major roadtrip to my hometown of Sherwood, North Dakota. We went to get some things from my mom's house. She no longer lives there and really wanted me to get some things that she knew I could use. One of those things was a china cabinet that was part of a dining room set. At first, I wasn't sure it would fit in with my decor, it is rather mid century modern. But, I knew it was too good to pass up. Now I'm so happy I didn't, because check out how great it looks in my dining area!
On the top shelf is the tea set Mom gave me. The next shelf has a milk glass pitcher from Mom, a crystal decanter from our wedding, and some blue transferware pieces. The bottom shelf holds my brown transferware, vases, a milkglass bowl and tureens.
I had lots of fun decorating the top too.
This is a sweet little doll I found in the basement of an antique store in North Dakota. Only $1.50! I will be posting pix of more things from Mom's and the antique store, so till then, bye for now!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Works perfectly!!!
Kari

Unknown said...

Thanks Kari! I love that it reminds me of my Mom everytime I look at it. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh Everything looks sooo great!!!!! Love it!!!!!!

I so wish we lived closer!!

xoxo Jenny

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...