Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sweet and Sinister Swap


Decided to show what I sent to my swap partner, Denise, for the "Sweet and Sinister Swap"put on by Artsymama. We were supposed to do something sinister and sweet in black and white(or cream) with touches of orange. Something must be handmade and something home decor. I found some great Halloween scrapbook papers and some fun Halloween napkins with polka dots. I also got some Halloween candy for the "sweet" part. Then I threw in a little zippered pouch in a black and white brocade and matching pen, and a pearl initial for her first name. Then for the handmade part I made these little peat pot baskets, you see below. I painted them and decoupaged, and added vintage poker chips that I drew a bat, crow and witch. I embellished them with vintage crepe paper and black tinsel stems for the handles.
I also made a feather tree fairy for her. She's got old lace for a collar and holds a tear drop pearl. Hope she really like everything! What a fun swap!! Bye for now! :)


No comments:

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...