Friday, January 29, 2010

Party Favor Bag Tutorial!


The past couple of weeks I've been getting ready for my daughter's birthday party,
and I wanted to share with you some fun things that I made.
Not wanting to spend a lot of money, I came up with a party favor bag that
I could make out of things I already had.
I used brown paper lunch bags, pipe cleaners, crepe paper streamers, glitter,
and card stock.
The only thing I had to buy was the card stock.



Step 1:
I opened two paper bags, and stuffed one into the other to make one thicker bag.


Step 2:
I marked about 2 to 3 inches down on each corner and cut a slit to that mark.



Step 3:

I folded down each side about half way.


Step 4:
Then I folded down again.

Step 5:
Once they were folded down I stapled them in place.



Step 6:
Then I trimmed the edge of each fold down with a decorative scissors.
You could also use pinking shears too or leave plain.


Step 7:

I punched a hole on the two short sides to make a handle.


Step 8:

I threaded each end of a pipe cleaner through the holes and

curled the tips to keep them in place.



Step 9:
I sewed together two different colors of crepe paper streamer
together ruffling as I went along, and then glued that to the paper bag.


Step 10:
My daughter and I cut out flower shapes in different colors,
glittered them, and glued them together.
I used a flower punch to make the shapes, but you could
easily cut your own.


Step 11:

Then we glued our flowers to the bags, and added the girls

names with glitter glue.


Step 12:

Now all we had to do was add the gifts and some tissue.

We didn't spend much on the gifts either.

Just a little candy, one thing each from the dollar section,

a bracelet that my daughter made,

and a spool doll I made.

( I will show the spool dolls in an upcoming blog.)


I hope you liked this tutorial, we sure had fun making them!
Bye for now!





































































No comments:

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...