Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Chenille Bump Pumpkin Tutorial

 Today I want to show you 
how to make these cute little 
pumpkins made with chenille bumps!
They will be perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving!
 First, here are the materials you need:
*styrofoam ball approx. 6" around
*orange chenille bumps
(it takes about 16 bumps to go around)
*green chenille bumps
*glue (optional)
*wire cutters (optional)
 First, I take the ball and squish it
with the palm of my hand,
to make it flat on top and bottom.
Then I start inserting each bump,
one end goes into the top flat side
and the other goes into the bottom flat side.


 I just keep going around till I get it full and covered.
 I leave a bare spot on top,
that's where the stem goes.
Cut the green bumps in half.

 Insert a pencil into the bare spot,
and stick on of the green chenille halves into it.
If you want you can add a dab of glue to secure.
 They are really fast to make
and are so adorable.
I hope you try it out!
Bye for now!

2 comments:

vivian said...

love these!!
have a great day!
xoxo

Unknown said...

Thank you! Have a great day too! :)

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...