Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Ooops, I did it again!

Well, I suppose I have everybody thoroughly confused now! Yes, I did change the name of my blog and Esty shop again! But I had some very good reasons, at least to me. As you may have noticed, my art has changed direction in the last couple of months from grungy collages to a more retro bright and fun style. It started with being inspired by the illustrations from 60's and 70's childrens books, the ones I grew up with. I've been working at it steadily now, and I'm convinced this is the right path for me to take. I know that I will probably lose some customers because of this, and that has caused me a lot of worry. But, I have to be true to myself and my creative yearnings. So, then I realized that my old shop and blog name, "Happy as a Lark" would really fit my new style (plus I really missed it, it always made me feel happy!). So here we are, I even made new headers to match. I hope that it will be excepted by at least some of my old customers, and I hope to make new ones in the future.
Now, let me introduce you to a sneak peek at some new designs in jewelry I have been working very hard on. I will be listing them next Monday, so please check back then! Here is a peak at something I'm working on for Halloween. I know it seems a little early, but I've found that the sooner I start on it, the more I can have ready. It always sneaks up on me with these busy summers.

Speaking of busy, we have been getting acquainted with the newest member of our family, Smoke and that does take a lot of time. I've been in and out of the clinic a couple of times, but he is so worth it! He just tugs at the heartstrings with his cute little ways. Such as squeesing under my cart in my studio, here is the back end:
And here is the front:

Isn't he sweet! Well, guess that's all for now. Please check back on Monday, and thanks for visiting me through all my stages! Bye for now!

6 comments:

Diane Mars said...

It's a great name, and so happy lovely bright art, puts anyone in a good mood. I sure do love your new look.
Keep it up, listen to your inner voice.
Hugs, Diane

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Diane, I really needed to hear that encouragement! I'm a worrier, and this had me worried. You're always such a good blogging friend! :)

Gypsy said...

OMG how cute is that smoke monster!!! (Ha LOST ref!) I am so glad you got him!

Gypsy
http://gypsyfroggie.blogs.com

Sadie Lou said...

Do not worry! I love "Happy as a Lark"
I think it's such a great phrase to pair with your creations. I agree, it fits your style a little better.
Congrats and good luck!
~Sadie Lou

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

This is perfect! Blessings.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much everyone! Your comments really made my day! :)

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...