Monday, December 21, 2009

WAYBACK Wednesday!

Every Christmas when I was little, Santa came on Christmas Eve, before we went to church.

Santa (aka my dad) would come to the house to deliver the toys before we went to bed,

so we were sent upstairs to await his arrival!

While we waited, someone would read "the night before Christmas" book to us, and

this is the book they read from.

I'm so happy I still have it after all these years.

When he finally arrived "Santa" would greet our mother and ask about the DesLauriers children,

as our eyes got big as saucers and we fought the urge to run downstairs to take a peek.

When he was done, he left with hearty ho! ho! hos! and lots of jingle bells ringing!


So here is the book, hope you enjoy it!
By the way, the illustrator is Florence Sarah Winship.






















Here are a few close ups of my favorite art.




I want to live in a pink house!




Bye for now!

And have a very Merry Christmas!!!























3 comments:

grandma peden's porch said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I HAVE THE SAME BOOK I LOVE IT. MINE'S NOT IN THAT GOOD OF SHAPE BCUZ WE USED TO READ IT ALL THE TIME.

Firuzan said...

Laurie i just want to say hello once again.and thank you for your sharring beauties of your sweet world. happy holidays to you and your family. love and kisses. firuzan

Denise M. DesLauriers said...

I remember that, too. Those a sweet memories... :o)

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...