Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sinister but chic chapeau

Tonight I have a scarily gorgeous black Halloween hat for Ebay! I took a vintage hat that had no adornment, and added two layers of cream and black crepe paper ruffle. Then I added some
black feathers on either side and vintage black millinery flowers on top. There are also some
beautiful vintage cream flowers that have been sparkled with silver and black glass glitter. And there are a few sequins too. There is a strip of black netting that goes under the chin. Hope you like it! Bye for now!


4 comments:

vivian said...

love the hat! and your new Do!!
hugs
vivian

LiLi M. said...

Hello! I discovered you when looking for inspiration at last years Flick'r album of Artsy Mama's Sweet and Sinister swap. I just have to tell you that I love your work! I have joined this years Sweet and Sinister Swap. I like your banner tuturiol a lot! And this hat is another great project. Thanks for inspiration and keep those great projects coming!

Heather said...

this is beautiful! How perfect for the season!~

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous hat! Have you already sold it on ebay? I really would like it for a halloween party, well that's if I was able to afford it! Daisy~

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...