Thursday, March 21, 2013

Vintage Archie Comic Books

 I've had these Archie comic books
ever since I was a kid, 
I could never bring myself to get rid of them.
But now I finally decided it was time for them to go.
But before that, I took some pix of the cute
outfits that Betty and Veronica wore.
I mean, that's really why I read them!
To look at the fabulous fashions!



 And just for kicks,
here is one of the ads!
 I also had a couple of other comics,
like these two from "Bunny".
 Love that yellow swimsuit!
Bye for now!

2 comments:

Jilly (jillianph on flickr) said...

I totally remember reading and loving those same comics in the 70's! Thanks for posting!
Why get rid? Why not make into some fantastically groovy multimedia art (I'm thinking altered embroidery....) I think you've inspired me to try something like that!

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting! You've made me think, I will have to see if I can't recycle them somehow! :)

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...