Friday, October 20, 2006

Fall color

Fall is here, and I just can't stop looking out my window! The colors this year weren't as good as they could be, but the bushes in one our neighbors yard are beautiful bright red! Now that my allergies are finally lessening, I hope to get out more and enjoy the season. At the same time, I have to start thinking Christmas for my pixies and collages. But I can do both, I'm used to celebrating two holidays at once, working in retail for years. I'm probably the only person I know who doesn't get upset when I see Christmas ornaments out in October, it seems normal to me. I can understand why people get upset about it, but I'm really just used to it. I can enjoy looking at Christmas decorations and still be excited about Halloween. My daughter, Sabrina, was home for the past to days, no school due to teacher conventions. So went to Joanne's and bought some velvet posters for her to color. That kept her busy! Well, hope you have a great weekend! Laurie:)

No comments:

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...