Friday, October 12, 2007

I love Halloween!

Here are more of my Halloween decorations, starting with the upstairs living room. This is an old dresser that I use as sort of a buffet. Found the owl, which I call Hedwig, on ebay. She is chalkware, and I just had to have her. I was thrilled I didn't get outbid! The garland says witch, and I made it for the mirror.
This is most of my cat collection on top of the armoire. Right next to that is the feather tree pictured below. I had painted a fake pumpkin with a witch silhouette and then when I got the pumpkin with the cat from Denise, I knew they had to go together!
This is the feather tree in the kitchen. The witch is battery operated so she moves and lights up. She was the first Halloween ornament that my hubby and I got together and Sabrina loved her from the very first time she saw her!
This birdcage is in the other corner of the kitchen. Almost talked myself out of buying it, but luckily I have a really smart husband, who told me I'd regret not buying it. Boy was he right! Bye for now! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, I want a Halloween tree. You put together such lovely vignettes. I adore your hedwig too. I need to start doing more seasonal decorating.

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...