Sunday, October 22, 2006

Shopping for fall goodies



This weekend we went to Haupt Antique Market to shop and search for fun fall ideas and inspiration. It was just 45min. away, although we did get a little confused from our map. When we got there though we had a great time. It was featured in the October Country Living magazine. Even though it's in our area, I had never heard of it till I saw it there. It is an old house made into a store that sells antiques and gifts. And yesterday, they had a flea market in the yard. That is where I found the pumpkin you see in the bottom pic. Sabrina, helped me pic out the cutest one! It is felted wool, dipped in cinnamon wax. And the stem is a real twig. Very adorable for just $3! And inside the house I found the Nicole Sayre ornament in the top pic. I love her stuff! Sabrina just loved looking at all the Halloween decorations and pumpkins. I thought they had some great displays and I did get some good ideas. I would've taken pix, but forgot to bring my camera! Oh, well! You can check in out in Country Living or at there website. Bye for now! Laurie:)

No comments:

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...