Wednesday, May 16, 2007

First Etsy purchase!


Had to show off my first etsy purchase from a talented artist named Jennifer Conway. It's a collage done on a tile using beeswax. She did a series of these butterfly magnets, and they were all beautiful!!! You have to check her out!
Right now I'm working on some collages for ebay and more pieces for Rosanna from Italy. And I also designed a little project for my daughter's class. Her teacher asked if I could come up with something, and I suggested doing a kid's version of a scratchboard drawing. You take a piece of white tag board and color the entire surface with different colors of crayon. Then you paint over that with black paint. Once that's dry, you take a sharp instrument (such as a toothpick) and scratch a design into the surface to expose the colors underneath. I'll have to take some pix so you can see how it works.
Fortune cookie wisdom for the week: "Look for the dream that keeps coming back."

1 comment:

Gypsy Purple said...

Oh my...this dream quote was for me....THANKS!!!!!!

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...