Sunday, June 15, 2008

You tell me your dream

In honor of Father's Day I scanned in some old pics of my dad, a couple of favorites. He passed away about 20 years ago now, but I still miss him so much. Above is a photo of him swinging in the rope swing that he hung from an old elm tree on the farm. It was our favorite place to play, and this is one of the ways I like to remember my dad.
This pic is of Dad and me on a ferry in Seattle. We were eating ice cream cones. I guess I was about 8 yrs. old there. I have so many good memories, but I regret that my husband and daughter never got to meet him. He would have loved them. I'm adding a video of one of his favorite songs, "You tell me your dreams". The words are at the end, and they are hard to hear, so I will write them here:




I had a dream, dear

You had one, too

Mine was the best dream

Because it was of you

Come, sweetheart, tell me

Now is the time

You tell me your dream

And I'll tell you mine



No comments:

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...