Wednesday, July 08, 2009

WAYBACK Wednesday!

This week I want to show you a cute little vintage cookbook from 1967. Actually, it's more of a birthday cake book. It features different ways to cut a cake into pieces that can be reassembled into different fun things, like a bunny or lion. And because it's made for Baker's Coconut and Dream Whip (which is still made, although I'm not sure how easy it is to get) the instructions use lots of frosting and coconut. Actually, I would really like to try making one of these someday, with or without the coconut. Especially the one below. Isn't he just darling?
And the illustrations of the cook are pretty cute too!


Don't you just love this whimsical lion? I think he looks hungry!


So I guess I'll have to run out and see if they have "Dream Whip" in my local grocery. The ingredients are a dry mix that you mix with milk and vanilla with an electric mixer. I think my mom used to use this till they came out with cool whip. Well, hope you enjoyed these pix. Bye for now!







No comments:

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...