Friday, October 09, 2009

Pumpkin bar recipe and vintage watercolor

First I want to give out the recipe for the pumpkin bars I
showed a picture of:
PUMPKIN BROWNIES
1-1/4c. whole wheat flower
1c. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
1/4 cup canola oil
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1c. dark chocolate chips (I used semi sweet and that worked fine)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in a large bowl. Add pumpkin puree, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla extract to dry ingredients. Mix well. Fold in choco chips.
Spread into pan and bake on center rack for 30-40 min.
Makes 24 brownies, 123 cal. each
Next, I want to let you see a vintage watercolor, but not just any old watercolor! I did this watercolor of pansies when I was 13 years old. My mom had it all these years and sent it to me this week. So I framed it and added a bit of lace around the edges for fun.
Then I added a flower on top I made out of yellow chenille bumps.

It's pretty easy to do, just cut a small styrofoam ball in half and then stick the bumps into the foam. I sort of overlapped them. Then I added a coiled up piece of purple chenille stem for the center and green chenille bumps for leaves.


I thought it turned out pretty good, and added a bit of fun to the frame.


Hope you like! Bye for now!

4 comments:

Elena_Valeriote said...

Yummmmm! Pumpkin brownies! I loooove pumpkin!

Mary Wadsworth said...

Pumpkin brownies, yum!

Thanks for sharing the recipe:)

Unknown said...

Thanks! You're very welcome! :)

Richele @ Studio D said...

I am not ready for snow. But I am ready for brownies!!!

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...